Downloadable pdf application form
(requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
2076 Union Avenue
Memphis, TN 38104
Mission & Objectives
Our mission is to consistently provide a well-rounded education for all who are dedicated to learning the art and science of therapeutic massage. We accomplish this by providing an accepting, supportive environment that encourages personal and professional growth. Our holistic comprehensive program with inspired faculty and staff facilitates students in becoming skilled, motivated, and successful professionals.
Upon completion of our program graduates will...
- be eligible to take the examination for their TN, AR & MS Massage License.
- be eligible to take the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork Examination (NCBTMB Exam).
- be eligible to take the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEx).
- be able to perform a therapeutically effective massage using effleurage, petrissage, friction, vibration, percussion, compression strokes, joint mobilizations and stretches.
- be able to adapt massage to various specialized populations.
- understand basic anatomy and physiology as it relates to massage therapy.
- be able to use efficient body mechanics.
- be able to relate to clients the major benefits and contraindications of massage and chart the client’s progress.
- comprehend and perform adjunct water therapies and spa techniques.
- perform pre-event and post-event sports massage and seated massage.
- be able to create a marketing and business plan.
- understand current, applicable massage laws in TN, AR and/or MS.
- be eligible to apply for membership in the American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), the Associated Bodyworkers and Massage Professionals (ABMP), and other professional massage organizations.